To get the most out of New Relic, you may need or want to report custom data to help you get insights about your environment and the unique challenges your organization faces.
We have a wide variety of agents and integrations that bring in various types of data. But you may need to bring in data that isn't reported by default.
Options for bringing in custom data include:
- Use our open source telemetry integrations. We have integrations for reporting data from OpenCensus, OpenTelemetry, DropWizard, Prometheus, and more.
- Configure our agents to send custom data. If you're using one of our APM agents, browser agents, or mobile agents, you can configure them to send custom data. To learn more, see the docs for the tool you're using.
- Create your own solution for reporting telemetry data with our language-specific Telemetry SDKs. Or use the underlying APIs directly: Metric API, Trace API, Event API, Log API.
- Report data from your operating system or network. If you're using our infrastructure agent, you might want to use our Flex integration, which lets you use simple config files to report data.
If you need more help, check out these support and learning resources:
- Browse the Explorers Hub to get help from the community and join in discussions.
- Find answers on our sites and learn how to use our support portal.
- Run New Relic Diagnostics, our troubleshooting tool for Linux, Windows, and macOS.
- Review New Relic's data security and licenses documentation.