For an explanation of user models and how they relate to our pricing plans, see Overview of pricing and user changes.
For users on our original user model, access will vary depending on whether you have default roles or custom roles:
Admins have full access to all synthetic monitoring features on an account.
Restricted Users on accounts with original product-based pricing have view-only access to all synthetic monitoring features except:
- Secure credentials
- Private locations (although they can query a limited amount of data via NRQL)
This means that users with this role do not have access to all create, edit, and delete capabilities for synthetic monitoring features (as well as view capability for secure credentials) until they are given a role with the appropriate capabilities.
To get started, follow standard procedures to create a custom role. You can add View and Edit capabilities to any role for the following:
For users on the New Relic One user model, full users have the ability to use the synthetic monitoring UI to create and manage synthetic monitors, while basic users cannot do that.
For limitations related to API usage, see User limitations.
If you need more help, check out these support and learning resources:
- Browse the Explorers Hub to get help from the community and join in discussions.
- Find answers on our sites and learn how to use our support portal.
- Run New Relic Diagnostics, our troubleshooting tool for Linux, Windows, and macOS.
- Review New Relic's data security and licenses documentation.