For the latest, most advanced host monitoring, check out New Relic Infrastructure.
Increasing the log level can help troubleshoot New Relic Servers for Windows.
Generate log files
To increase the logging level in Servers for Windows:
- Launch the Server Monitor Config Tool as the Administrator: From the Windows Start menu, select All Programs> >New Relic > Server Monitor > Server Monitor Configuration Tool.
Select the Support tab, then increase the Log level:
- If no data is reporting, select DEBUG.
- If you are receiving metric data, but some metrics appear incorrect or are missing, select VERBOSE.
- Select Save Settings, and select Yes if prompted to restart the service.
- Allow Servers for Windows to run until you reproduce the issue, or at least for several minutes
- In the Config Tool, set the Log Level back to DEFAULT, select Save and restart the service.
- Launch the Windows Event Viewer. Under Custom Views, right-click New Relic Windows Server Monitor Events View.
- To save the logs, select Save All Events in Custom View As…, select the *.evtx format, and save the file.
- Attach the file to your support ticket.
Don't leave DEBUG or VERBOSE logging enabled for longer than it takes to reproduce the problem. These files can generate a lot of information quickly and can fill up your Windows Event Viewer logs.
Collect system information
In addition to agent logs, a Microsoft System Information file is also useful for troubleshooting:
- From the Windows taskbar, select Start > Run and enter
msinfo32. Select OK.
- After the System Information page loads, select File > Save and save the file. (Depending on the server, wait several minutes as necessary.)
- Attach the file to your New Relic support ticket.