Increasing the log level can help troubleshoot New Relic Servers for Windows.
Generate log files
To increase the logging level in Servers for Windows:
- Launch the Server Monitor Config Tool as the Administrator: From the Windows Start menu, select All Programs> >New Relic > Server Monitor > Server Monitor Configuration Tool.
Select the Support tab, then increase the Log level:
- If no data is reporting, select DEBUG.
- If you are receiving metric data, but some metrics appear incorrect or are missing, select VERBOSE.
- Select Save Settings, and select Yes if prompted to restart the service.
- Allow Servers for Windows to run until you reproduce the issue, or at least for several minutes
- In the Config Tool, set the Log Level back to DEFAULT, select Save and restart the service.
- Launch the Windows Event Viewer. Under Custom Views, right-click New Relic Windows Server Monitor Events View.
- To save the logs, select Save All Events in Custom View As…, select the *.evtx format, and save the file.
- Attach the file to your support ticket.
Don't leave DEBUG or VERBOSE logging enabled for longer than it takes to reproduce the problem. These files can generate a lot of information quickly and can fill up your Windows Event Viewer logs.
Collect system information
In addition to agent logs, a Microsoft System Information file is also useful for troubleshooting:
- From the Windows taskbar, select Start > Run and enter
msinfo32. Select OK.
- After the System Information page loads, select File > Save and save the file. (Depending on the server, wait several minutes as necessary.)
- Attach the file to your New Relic support ticket.