Download the appropriate release for your New Relic .NET agent:
- Improved metadata collection for cloud providers. The agent now collects additional metadata when running in AWS, GCP, and Azure. This information is used to provide an enhanced experience when the agent is deployed on those platforms.
- Fixed an issue where transactions could be dropped when they included datastore segments and the following exception was logged:
NewRelic ERROR: An exception occurred while doing some background work: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
- Fixed an issue where SOAP instrumentation would report
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationExceptionerrors when a more specific error existed. Inner exceptions will now be reported when they exist.
The follow items are considered deprecated and will be removed with the upcoming 8.x major release.
- Disabling agent HTTPS communication via the service SSL configuration will no longer be allowed starting in 8.x versions of the agent.
- WCF service parameters will no longer be sent as service.request.* attributes starting in 8.x versions of the agent. These parameters will be sent in the form: request.parameters.*.