After you use New Relic Mobile's Handled exceptions page to explore patterns and trends, you can drill down into deeper details about specific exception occurrences. These can be events that New Relic monitors by default, or custom events you created.
To view details for each occurrence of a handled exception:
- Go to rpm.newrelic.com/mobile > (select an app) > Exceptions > Handled exceptions.
- From the Top 5 exception locations table, select a handled exception on any row.
The Occurrences page shows details about the selected exception, including breakdown data by device type or operating system, number of users affected, total occurrences for the selected time period, attributes, and more.
rpm.newrelic.com/mobile > (select an app) > Exceptions > Handled exceptions > (select an exception) > Occurrences: Use the thread details to further examine patterns in the stack trace for a handled exception.
If you want to...
Find general patterns
From the Occurrences page:
Find more specific patterns
Do any of the following:
Find patterns from attributes
Review the lists of
Query or visualize the occurrence data
New Relic does not store unsymbolicated stack traces for handled exceptions. This is different than the crash event trail. You can upload a dSYM later as needed, as new handled exceptions will become symbolicated.
If you need more help, check out these support and learning resources:
- Browse the Explorers Hub to get help from the community and join in discussions.
- Find answers on our sites and learn how to use our support portal.
- Run New Relic Diagnostics, our troubleshooting tool for Linux, Windows, and macOS.
- Review New Relic's data security and licenses documentation.