New Relic’s mission is to instrument, measure and improve the internet to help our customers create more perfect software, experiences and businesses. To help us do this, we have put some rules in place regarding your use of the New Relic Properties and created this Acceptable Use Policy (“AUP”). This AUP applies if you use any New Relic product, service, software, website, forum, page or system (collectively, the “New Relic Properties”) and is part of the New Relic documentation, which can be found at https://docs.newrelic.com (the “Documentation”).
In connection with your use of the New Relic Properties, you may not (alone or with others) do, or attempt to do, any of the following:
Engage in wrongful activity, such as by:
- Posting or transmitting abusive messages, defamatory, libelous, false or misleading statements, hate speech or messages that incite or threaten violence, or stalk or harass others;
- Misrepresenting yourself, impersonating another person, falsely implying any sponsorship or association with New Relic or affiliation with any third party, engaging in fraud, hiding or attempt to hide your identity or disguising the origin of any content (including by “spoofing” or “phishing”);
- Attempting to modify or gain unauthorized use of or access to, another user's account, website, application, system, equipment or data;
- Collecting or harvesting any personally identifiable information, including account names, from any other user’s account or the New Relic Properties, or using the New Relic Properties to violate the privacy of others; including publishing or posting other people’s private and confidential information without their express permission;
- Using the New Relic Properties in violation of any applicable law or regulation, including data, privacy, and export control laws in applicable jurisdictions;
- Accessing the New Relic Properties in order to build a similar or competitive website, application or service;
- Uploading, transmitting or otherwise provide content that infringes New Relic’s or a third party’s intellectual property, privacy or other rights, violates applicable laws or regulations or contains viruses, worms, harmful code, malware or other harmful materials;
- Hosting, selling, reselling, renting, exploiting, sublicensing, leasing, or otherwise providing the New Relic Properties or any portion thereof or use such for time sharing purposes or on a service bureau basis without our express written permission;
- Disclosing any confidential information obtained through any method contrary to this AUP;
- Using metatags or other “hidden text”; or
- Using New Relic’s name or trademarks without our express written permission;.
Break or hack our stuff, such as by:
- Modifying, disabling, or compromising the integrity or performance of the New Relic Properties or related systems, networks, or data; including by:
- Attempting to compromise the integrity of the New Relic Properties, including probing, scanning or testing the vulnerability of any part of the New Relic Properties without proper authorization;
- Overwhelming our infrastructure (such as by using “botnets”, “robots,” “spiders” and “offline readers”);
- Going beyond the use parameters for any given service as described in the corresponding Documentation;
- Drastically exceeding your contracted rate of use as set forth in your order or the Documentation; or
- Consuming an unreasonable amount of storage.
- Accessing any unauthorized part of the New Relic Properties, or accessing or searching any part of the New Relic Properties by means other than those provided or authorized by New Relic (including “scraping” or using any data mining methods);
- Deciphering or decrypting transmissions, circumventing any access, authentication or copy restrictions, or otherwise attempting to compromise the security of the New Relic Properties (including any other user’s account); or
- Attempting to do anything else that may result in some form of adverse impact to the New Relic Properties or use of the New Relic Properties by any of our other customers.
Use the New Relic Properties for one of these high risk purposes:
- Using the New Relic Properties in any situation for which they are not designed, manufactured or intended, such as for use in life support, emergency or mission critical circumstances, or in any activities where use or failure of the New Relic Properties could lead to death, personal injury or property or environmental damage. For example, you may not use, or permit any other person to use, the New Relic Properties in connection with aircraft or other modes of human mass transportation or nuclear or chemical facilities, life support systems, implantable medical equipment, motor vehicles, or weaponry systems; or
Processing or submitting any personal data that could be legally considered sensitive in any applicable jurisdiction, including, but not limited to: (i) “protected health information,” as defined under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act; (ii) personal data about individuals under the age of 16, which for the avoidance of doubt includes any “personal information” as such term is defined under the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act; (iii) government issued identification numbers, including Social Security numbers, driver’s license numbers and other state-issued identification numbers; (iv) financial account information, including financial account numbers or payment card data (including credit card or debit card numbers); (v) the combination of a username or email address along with a password or security question and answer that would permit access to an online account; and (vi) special categories of sensitive personal data, (such as defined under Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament), including personal data revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious beliefs, trade union membership, physical or mental health or condition, sexual life, sexual orientation, genetic data, biometric data, or the commission or alleged commission any crime or offense.
Conduct inappropriate communications, such as by:
- Using the New Relic Properties to generate or send unsolicited communications, advertising, chain letters, or spam;
- Soliciting our users for commercial purposes, unless expressly permitted in writing by New Relic; or
- Disparaging New Relic or our partners, vendors, or affiliates.
Finally, please do not confuse the New Relic Properties with Third-Party Services.
You may choose to use with the New Relic Properties a product, system, software or service not licensed by New Relic, such as an integration, application or plug-in (“Third Party Service”). For example, you may choose to share performance data (also referred to as “Customer Data” or “Your Data”) with, or to import data from, a Third Party Service such as AWS or Kubernetes. Your use of Third Party Services is governed solely by the terms of your relationship with the provider of the Third Party Services. New Relic does not control, and has no responsibility or liability for, any Third Party Services, including for their availability or interoperability (including with the New Relic Properties), security, privacy practices, data therein, or acts of omissions of the Third Party Services. If you enable a Third Party Service for use with the New Relic Properties, you grant to New Relic permission to interoperate with the Third Party Service, and any data received by New Relic on your behalf from a Third Party Service will be treated as Performance Data, including for purposes of fees. Any changes to Third Party Services do not affect or excuse your obligations to New Relic or under this AUP.
Updates, Contact Information and Violations
We will occasionally need to modify this AUP to help us continue to provide you with a great experience while using the New Relic Properties. In the event we modify this AUP, we will do so by posting a revised version, and any changes will be effective immediately if you’re a new user of the New Relic Properties and thirty (30) days after posting for all other users. If you continue using the New Relic Properties after we update this AUP, you agree to the latest version of this AUP.
You can report a violation of this AUP to: AUP@newrelic.com. Or by mail at:
New Relic, Inc.
188 Spear Street, Suite 1200
San Francisco, CA 94105
This AUP, and our customers’ compliance with it, is essential for enabling us to provide you and our other customers with the New Relic Properties, which we take very seriously. So, if we determine in our sole discretion that you have violated this AUP, we may, without limiting any other remedies available to us, permanently or temporarily suspend, limit, or terminate your access to the New Relic Properties without notice or liability. This right applies even if the breach is unintentional or unauthorized if we believe that any such suspension, limitation, or termination is necessary to ensure compliance with laws, or to protect the rights, safety, privacy, security, or property of us or others.
In this AUP, the term “content” means: (1) any information, data, text, software, code, scripts, music, sound, photos, graphics, videos, messages, tags, interactive features, or other materials that you post, upload, share, submit, or otherwise provide in any manner to the services and (2) any other materials, content, or data you provide to New Relic or use with the New Relic Properties. As used in this AUP, “you” may refer to an individual user or the legal entity an individual user is employed by that has contracted with New Relic, and “we” means New Relic.