New Relic’s mission is to instrument, measure and improve the internet to help our customers create more perfect software, experiences and businesses.
We strive to keep our resources operating efficiently, so our services are available to all subscribers. Because you have access to shared resources, we have put these rules in place to ensure everyone has a great experience. For example, you as a tenant would not want other tenants to engage in the types of activities described below.
To help us do this, we have put some rules in place regarding your use of the New Relic Properties and created this Acceptable Use Policy (“AUP”).
This AUP applies if you use any New Relic product, service, software, website, forum, page or system (collectively, the “New Relic Properties”) and is part of the technical guides documentation that New Relic makes available at dedicated 'Documentation' pages on New Relic websites, including, but not limited to, https://docs.newrelic.com, https://docs.pixielabs.ai/, and https://docs.newrelic.com/docs/codestream (the “Documentation”).
In connection with your use of the New Relic Properties, you will not, and you will not allow third parties to::
- Uploading, transmitting or otherwise provide content that infringes New Relic’s or a third party’s intellectual property, privacy or other rights, violates applicable laws or regulations or contains viruses, worms, harmful code, malware or other harmful materials;
- Hosting, selling, reselling, renting, exploiting, sublicensing, leasing, or otherwise providing the New Relic Properties or any portion thereof or use such for time sharing purposes or on a service bureau basis without our express written permission;
- Modifying, disabling, or compromising the integrity or performance of the New Relic Properties or related systems, networks, or data; including by:
- Attempting to compromise the integrity of the New Relic Properties, including probing, scanning or testing the vulnerability of any part of the New Relic Properties without proper authorization;
- Overwhelming our infrastructure (such as by using “botnets”, “robots,” “spiders” and “offline readers”);
- Going beyond the use parameters for any given service as described in the corresponding Documentation;
- Using metatags or other “hidden text”;
- Drastically exceeding your contracted rate of use as set forth in your order or the Documentation; or
- Consuming an unreasonable amount of storage.
- Accessing any unauthorized part of the New Relic Properties, or accessing or searching any part of the New Relic Properties by means other than those provided or authorized by New Relic (including “scraping” or using any data mining methods);
- Obtaining or attempting to obtain the New Relic Properties by any means or device with intent to avoid paying the fees that would otherwise be payable for such access or use;
- Sharing your New Relic Properties account or login credentials, including API keys, with any other individual;
- Deciphering or decrypting transmissions, circumventing any access, authentication or copy restrictions, or otherwise attempting to compromise the security of the New Relic Properties (including any other user’s account);
- Accessing the New Relic Properties in order to build a similar or competitive website, application or service; or
- Attempting to do anything else that may result in some form of adverse impact to the New Relic Properties or use of the New Relic Properties by any of our other customers.
- Posting or transmitting abusive messages, defamatory, libelous, false or misleading statements, hate speech or messages that incite or threaten violence, or stalk or harass others;
- Promoting, encouraging, or facilitating hate speech, violence, discrimination based on race, color, sexual orientation, marital status, gender or identity expression, parental status, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship and/or any other characteristic protected by law. You are not permitted to use New Relic Properties if you are an entity identified by nationally-recognized non-profits as engaging in such activities.
- Using the New Relic Properties in violation of your company's policy(ies) and procedures, or attempting to modify or gain unauthorized use of or access to, another user's account, website, application, system, equipment or data;
- Misrepresenting yourself, impersonating another person, falsely implying any sponsorship or association with New Relic or affiliation with any third party, engaging in fraud, hiding or attempt to hide your identity or disguising the origin of any content (including by “spoofing” or “phishing”);
- Collecting or harvesting any personally identifiable information, including account names, from any other user’s account or the New Relic Properties, or using the New Relic Properties to violate the privacy of others;
- Including, publishing or posting other people’s private and confidential information without their express permission;
- Using anyone’s name or trademarks without their express written permission;
- Using the New Relic Properties to generate or send unsolicited communications, advertising, chain letters, or spam;
- Soliciting our users for commercial purposes, unless expressly permitted in writing by New Relic;
- Disparaging anyone; or
- Disclosing any confidential information obtained through any method contrary to this AUP.
- Using the New Relic Properties in violation of any applicable law or regulation, including data, privacy, and export control laws in applicable jurisdictions;
- Using the New Relic Properties in any situation for which they are not designed, manufactured or intended, such as for use in life support, emergency or mission critical circumstances, or in any activities where use or failure of the New Relic Properties could lead to death, personal injury or property or environmental damage. For example, you may not use, or permit any other person to use, the New Relic Properties in connection with aircraft or other modes of human mass transportation or nuclear or chemical facilities, life support systems, implantable medical equipment, motor vehicles, or weaponry systems; or
- Querying or otherwise configuring, processing or submitting any personal data that could be legally considered sensitive in any applicable jurisdiction, including, but not limited to: (i) patient, medical, or other protected health information regulated by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (as amended and supplemented) (“HIPAA”); (ii) personal data about individuals under the age of 16, which for the avoidance of doubt includes any “personal information” as such term is defined under the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act; (iii) government issued identification numbers, including Social Security numbers, driver’s license numbers and other state-issued identification numbers; (iv) financial account information, including financial account numbers or payment card data (including credit card or debit card numbers); (v) credentials granting access to an online account, including the combination of a username or email address along with a password or security question and answer that would permit access to an online account; (vi) special categories of sensitive personal data, (such as defined under Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament), including personal data revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious beliefs, trade union membership, physical or mental health or condition, sexual life, sexual orientation, genetic data, biometric data, or the commission or alleged commission any crime or offense; (vii) precise geo-location data; or (viii) any data similar to the above protected under foreign or domestic laws, including without limitation any data subject to regulation under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), 22 C.F.R. §§ 120-130. You represent and warrant to New Relic that you have all necessary rights, consents, and permissions to use and submit data that you send to the New Relic Properties, all without violating or infringing any applicable laws, third-party rights (including intellectual property, publicity, or privacy rights), or any terms or policies governing such data.
- If you choose to use any Third Party Services, your use of Third-Party Services is wholly subject to your separate agreement with the relevant provider.
- New Relic bears no responsibility or liability for Third-Party Services.
- If you enable a Third-Party Service with the New Relic Properties, New Relic may access and exchange Customer Data with the Third-Party Service on your behalf and instruction.
- “Third-Party Services” means any third party platform, add-on, service, or product not provided by New Relic and that a User integrates or enables for use with the Service, including third-party applications and plug-ins.
- Open source software that New Relic makes separately available for download (e.g. community tools) is, as required, governed by the terms of the applicable open source license.
- The license for any open source software identified as included in New Relic Properties will, as required, wholly apply to your use of that open source software.
We will occasionally need to modify this AUP to help us continue to provide you with a great experience while using the New Relic Properties. In the event we modify this AUP, we will do so by posting a revised version, and any changes will be effective immediately if you’re a new user of the New Relic Properties and thirty (30) days after posting for all other users. If you continue using the New Relic Properties after we update this AUP, you agree to the latest version of this AUP.
You can report a violation of this AUP to: AUP@newrelic.com. Or by mail at:
New Relic, Inc.
188 Spear Street, Suite 1200
San Francisco, CA 94105
This AUP, and our customers’ compliance with it, is essential for enabling us to provide you and our other customers with the New Relic Properties, which we take very seriously. You are wholly and solely responsible for appropriate configuration of systems and software that you own or can control to ensure your compliance with this AUP. So, if we determine in our sole discretion that you have violated this AUP, we may, without limiting any other remedies available to us, permanently or temporarily suspend, limit, or terminate your access to the New Relic Properties without notice or liability. This right applies even if the breach is unintentional or unauthorized if we believe that any such suspension, limitation, or termination is necessary to ensure compliance with laws, or to protect the rights, safety, privacy, security, or property of us or others.
In this AUP, the term “content” means: (1) any information, data, text, software, code, scripts, music, sound, photos, graphics, videos, messages, tags, interactive features, or other materials that you post, upload, share, submit, or otherwise provide in any manner to the services and (2) any other materials, content, or data you provide to New Relic or use with the New Relic Properties. As used in this AUP, “you” may refer to an individual user or the legal entity an individual user is employed by that has contracted with New Relic, and “we” means New Relic.
Subscribe to the RSS feed.