As of April 12, 2021, we are upgrading Insights to an improved web and mobile experience! All of your Insights URLs will be redirected automatically to the corresponding dashboards in New Relic One. For more details about this migration and how you can easily plan for this transition, see our Explorers Hub post.
Metric timeslice data can be queried using NRQL. This gives you more control over how you query and chart this data type.
Add metric charts to Insights dashboards to:
- Chart, organize, and monitor metric data in a centralized place
- Track metrics that the New Relic UI does not chart by default
Add metric charts to an Insights dashboard via the Metric Explorer in New Relic Insights or via the standard Add to dashboard option on any supported New Relic UI metric chart. You can only chart one metric namespace per chart.
To customize a metric chart from an Insights dashboard:
- From the dashboard where the chart is, select the chart's menu icon.
- Customize the chart options.
- Select Save changes.
Use any of the available options to customize metric charts:
If you want to...
View metric values broken out by host
Select Facet by host. This option is available both in the Insights Metric Explorer for the chart at creation time as well as via the metric chart editing UI.
Change the time window
Change the title
Titles are automatically generated showing the metric name in many cases. Once an agent metric chart is added to a dashboard, you can edit its title, maximum 255 characters.
Broaden the scope of metrics
To broaden the scope of metrics that are charted, select the metric namespace, and wildcard
Change the Y-axis value
To change the charted Y-axis value to another value function, select the dropdown. Available value functions depend on the kind of metric data the chart is displaying.
Common examples include:
Expand the chart
Enlarge the selected chart to get a better view of the data.
If your dashboard has filtering enabled, you can still filter on NRQL charts. However, filtering does not apply to any agent metric charts on the dashboard.
If you need more help, check out these support and learning resources:
- Browse the Explorers Hub to get help from the community and join in discussions.
- Find answers on our sites and learn how to use our support portal.
- Run New Relic Diagnostics, our troubleshooting tool for Linux, Windows, and macOS.
- Review New Relic's data security and licenses documentation.