- A session begins when a user visits a website with Browser monitoring installed.
- After the user's browser is opened, the Browser monitoring script sets a simple cookie identifying the session.
- The script then reads the cookie on subsequent page loads.
- The same session will continue until the user's browser is closed.
Session tracking will not work properly in these situations:
- If users have cookies disabled in their browser
- If the browser is configured to not allow information associated with the New Relic cookie to be sent with the request from the monitored site
For more help
Additional documentation resources include:
- Session traces: Exploring a webpage's life cycle (Browser page providing a detailed timeline of the load and interaction events during a webpage's full life cycle, up to ten minutes)
- Page load timing process (overview including time segments and colors, differences between app server requests and page load timing, outliers)