When other monitoring software is running alongside one of our APM agents, we cannot guarantee that our agents will work correctly. In some cases, running more than one type of APM software can cause issues such as unreliable metrics and agent crashes.
For specifics, see the requirements and compatibility documentation for a specific APM agent.
If you think that running other monitoring software might be causing an issue, here are some recommendations:
- Read the requirements and compatibility documentation for the APM agent you're using.
- To troubleshoot if this is causing an issue, temporarily disable or uninstall other APM software to see if the issue is still present.
If you need more help, check out these support and learning resources:
- Browse the Explorers Hub to get help from the community and join in discussions.
- Find answers on our sites and learn how to use our support portal.
- Run New Relic Diagnostics, our troubleshooting tool for Linux, Windows, and macOS.
- Review New Relic's data security and licenses documentation.