This approach adds a new authentication method to the customer-facing New Relic REST API (v2) that allows partners (and enterprise-scale customers that use the partnership structure to manage their multiple accounts) to use their partnership credentials to authorize all REST API (v2) calls. It offers no new functionality for non-partner API users.
Providing authentication to the REST API (v2) in this form allows you to complete any API operation on your customer’s accounts. This bypasses the customer-facing requirement that some API calls require an Admin user’s API key.
This authentication method also works for API endpoints that require only the REST API key. This new authentication method works for all endpoints, not only those that require the Admin User’s API key.
This partner-only authentication method will only work with the New Relic REST API (v2). It does not work with the following:
- Deployment API
- Infrastructure API for alerts
- Insights API
- Insights Dashboard API
- Partner API
- Plugin API
- Synthetics API
If you need more help, check out these support and learning resources:
- Browse the Explorers Hub to get help from the community and join in discussions.
- Find answers on our sites and learn how to use our support portal.
- Run New Relic Diagnostics, our troubleshooting tool for Linux, Windows, and macOS.
- Review New Relic's data security and licenses documentation.