Detailed debug logging can help troubleshoot your standard Ruby agent installation.
If you are using Heroku, see Ruby agent and Heroku.
Generating log files
To generate detailed New Relic for Ruby log files:
- Open your newrelic.yml file in an editor.
debugand save the file. Ensure you do not modify the indentation.
debugis a highly verbose logging level. Ensure you return to your previous
log_levelafter you generate debug-level logs.
- Restart your web application.
- Generate some traffic to your app and run it for about five minutes.
- Examine your log file for errors. By default, your log file is located in your app's log folder and is named newrelic_agent.log.
- If sending your log file to New Relic Support, attach the log file to your support ticket, along with newrelic.yml, Gemfile, and Gemfile.lock.
- Edit newrelic.yml again and change the
log_levelto the previous setting. Save the file.
For more help
Additional documentation resources include: