newrelic_accept_distributed_trace_payload (string $payload)
Accepts a distributed trace payload.
Requires PHP agent version 8.4 or higher.
Distributed tracing allows you to see the path that a request takes as it travels through a distributed system.
With PHP agent version 9.10 or higher, the following JSON functions are now considered deprecated and will be removed in a future release:
Instead, use the API that is compatible with W3C Trace Context support, added in agent version 9.8. With this, the API for manually instrumenting applications has changed from the JSON payload related functions to the following header array forms:
Required: a JSON formatted string created by using
For examples of how and when to use this API method, see the documentation to manually instrument applications and services.
If you need more help, check out these support and learning resources:
- Suggest a change and learn how to contribute to our PHP agent open source repository.
- Browse the Explorers Hub to get help from the community and join in discussions.
- Find answers on our sites and learn how to use our support portal.
- Run New Relic Diagnostics, our troubleshooting tool for Linux, Windows, and macOS.
- Review New Relic's data security and licenses documentation.