newrelic_accept_distributed_trace_headers (array $headers, string $transport_type)
Accepts an array of distributed trace headers.
Requires PHP agent version 9.8 or higher.
Distributed tracing allows you to see the path that a request takes as it travels through a distributed system. When distributed tracing is enabled, use
newrelic_accept_distributed_trace_headers to accept a payload of headers. These include both W3C Trace Context and New Relic distributed trace headers.
It is possible to only accept only W3C Trace Context headers and disable the New Relic Distributed Tracing header via the
newrelic.distributed_tracing_exclude_newrelic_header INI setting.
Required: an array containing distributed tracing headers.
Optional. A string overriding the default transport type.
True if the headers were accepted successfully, otherwise returns
For examples of how and when to use this API method, see the documentation to manually instrument applications and services.
If you need more help, check out these support and learning resources:
- Suggest a change and learn how to contribute to our PHP agent open source repository.
- Browse the Explorers Hub to get help from the community and join in discussions.
- Find answers on our sites and learn how to use our support portal.
- Run New Relic Diagnostics, our troubleshooting tool for Linux, Windows, and macOS.
- Review New Relic's data security and licenses documentation.