To balance the need for logs while considering disk usage, each .NET agent will limit disk usage to 250MB using log rolling. The agent will first log to the file
newrelic_agent_UNIQUENAME.log and create the file if it doesn't exist. Once that file reaches 50MB in size, the agent will:
- Create a new log file.
- Roll each existing log file to a new, sequentially numbered name (up to four archived files).
- Delete the fourth archive.
To roll the log files, the old
newrelic_agent_UNIQUENAME.log becomes the new
newrelic_agent_UNIQUENAME.log(1). Then, the old
newrelic_agent_UNIQUENAME.log(1) becomes the new
newrelic_agent_UNIQUENAME.log(2), and so on. The old
newrelic_agent_UNIQUENAME.log(4) is deleted.
If you need more help, check out these support and learning resources:
- Browse the Explorers Hub to get help from the community and join in discussions.
- Find answers on our sites and learn how to use our support portal.
- Run New Relic Diagnostics, our troubleshooting tool for Linux, Windows, and macOS.
- Review New Relic's data security and licenses documentation.