Our C SDK auto-instruments your code so you can start monitoring applications. You can use our launcher, or follow the instructions in this document to complete a basic C SDK installation.
To use the C SDK or any other agent, as well as the rest of our observability platform, join the New Relic family! Sign up to create your free account in only a few seconds. Then ingest up to 100GB of data for free each month. Forever.
To monitor your application with New Relic's C SDK, instrument the features you want to use:
- Web transactions, transaction events, non-web transactions
- Segments (for additional levels of timing details)
Then compile and link your app against the C SDK static library.
To install the C SDK into your application's code library, follow this procedure.
For more information, see the C SDK GUIDE.md.
To view your app's performance with APM:
- Generate some traffic for your app, then wait a few minutes for your app to send data to New Relic.
- Explore your app's data in the APM UI.
If no data appears within a few minutes, check your
newrelic-daemon.log files for errors. If you still have problems, follow the troubleshooting tips.
If you need more help, check out these support and learning resources:
- Browse the Explorers Hub to get help from the community and join in discussions.
- Find answers on our sites and learn how to use our support portal.
- Run New Relic Diagnostics, our troubleshooting tool for Linux, Windows, and macOS.
- Review New Relic's data security and licenses documentation.