Make sure your app meets New Relic's compatibility requirements for the Agent SDK.
Installing the Agent SDK
The Agent SDK consists of three C++ libraries and three C header files. To install the SDK:
- Download the SDK to your development machine (Linux-only).
- Unzip nr_agent_sdk-<version>-beta.x86_64.tar.gz to a working directory.
- For instructions on implementing the Agent SDK, read the AgentSDK.pdf included in the download.
Tip: New Relic's public repo on Github includes Agent SDK sample wrappers and code.
For more help
Additional documentation resources include:
- Configuring the Agent SDK (choosing daemon-mode or embedded mode, updating your configuration's environmental variables, and running the agent in the selected mode)
- Instrumenting your code with the Agent SDK (how to measure transactions and important segments of your code)
- Configuring Agent SDK logging (customizing and reviewing log file information)
- Limiting or disabling Agent SDK settings (using additional options for data collection)
- Using the Agent SDK (procedures and functions)