Our Partnership API allows New Relic partners, and New Relic accounts set up as customer partnerships, to manage accounts, users, and subscription-related settings.
The Partnership API can be used by two types of New Relic accounts: partners (managed service providers, resellers) and customer partnerships (larger customers who have been given access to our partnership account structure).
These docs are for version 2 of the Partner API. Earlier versions have been deprecated. If you have problems with an older integration, upgrade to version 2.
Access to the partnership account structure and the Partnership API requires prior setup and approval by New Relic. Partnership API calls require authentication with both your partnership owner account's REST API key and your Partner ID.
Accounts that are genuine New Relic partners (managed service providers, resellers) have no restrictions on using the API. Accounts set up as customer partnerships have restrictions that follow.
- Pricing plan. If you’re on New Relic One pricing, you can't use API calls that govern our original pricing plan. The API impacts are:
- User model. If your New Relic account has been converted to be entirely on the New Relic One account/user model, you can no longer use API calls that create or govern users on our original user model. The API impacts are:
To determine your pricing plan or account/user model, see Overview of pricing and user model changes.
Passwords passed for account creation have these requirements:
- 8 to 50 characters in length
- Only contain letters, numbers, or special characters
- Cannot contain spaces
- Must contain at least 1 letter
- Must contain at least 1 number or special character
Here is an overview of the API's functionality.
The account object is what you use to create and update accounts. You can do the following with it:
- Create new
- Show usage
- Set primary admin (some accounts)
- Set subscription (some accounts)
There is also a sub-account object for creating sub-accounts.
- Add user access to account
- Remove user access from account
To start using the Partnership API, see the Partner API reference docs.