Our Partnership API allows New Relic partners, and New Relic accounts set up as customer partnerships, to manage accounts, users, and subscription-related settings.
There are several major limitations to using the Partnership API. Your New Relic organization should not use this API unless you've been specifically instructed to use it by your New Relic representative. Please read the entire requirements section to understand limitations.
The Partnership API can be used by two types of New Relic accounts: partners (managed service providers and New Relic resellers) and customer partnerships (larger organizations who've been given access to our partnership account structure).
Partnership API calls require authentication with both your partnership owner account's REST API key and your Partner ID.
Accounts that are genuine New Relic partners (managed service providers or resellers) have no restrictions on using the Partnership API. New Relic organizations set up as customer partnerships have the following restrictions.
- User model. If your New Relic organization has users on our newer user model, you can no longer use Partnership API calls that manage accounts or users. Here are details on what you'd use instead:
- Pricing model. If you're on our newer usage-based pricing model, you can't use API calls that govern our original pricing model. The API impacts are:
To determine your pricing model or user model, see Overview of pricing and user model changes.
The Partnership API docs include:
- The introduction (you're here)
- The main API reference doc
- The account object
- The child account object
- The user object
- The subscription object
Here's an overview of what you can do with this API:
- Create new
- Show usage
- Set primary admin
- Set subscription
There is also a child account object for creating child accounts.
- Add user access to account
- Remove user access from account
Passwords passed for account creation have these requirements:
- 8 to 50 characters in length
- Only contain letters, numbers, or special characters
- Cannot contain spaces
- Must contain at least 1 letter
- Must contain at least 1 number or special character