New Relic offers a fast, scalable log management platform that allows you to connect your logs with the rest of your telemetry and infrastructure data.
To use log management and the rest of our observability platform, join the New Relic family! Sign up to create your free account in only a few seconds. Then ingest up to 100GB of data for free each month. Forever.
As applications move towards the cloud, microservices architecture is becoming more dispersed, making the ability to monitor logs essential.
Log management provides deeper visibility into application and infrastructure performance data (events and errors) to reduce mean-time-to-resolve (MTTR) and quickly troubleshoot production incidents. It does this by providing super-fast searching capabilities, alerts, and co-location of application, infrastructure, and log data, while visualizing everything from a single pane of glass.
Log management provides a way to connect your log data with the rest of your application and infrastructure data, allowing you to get to the root cause of problems quickly, without losing context switching between tools.
Log management's features include:
- Instantly search through your logs.
- Visualize your log data directly from the Logs UI.
- Use logging data to create custom charts, dashboards, and alerts.
- Troubleshoot performance issues without switching between tools.
You can bring your log data into New Relic using a compatible log forwarding plugin:
- Forward your logs using our Infrastructure agent or our Kubernetes plugin.
- Use our plugins for well-known log forwarders, like Fluentd, Fluent Bit, and Logstash.
- Stream or ship your logs from Amazon using AWS Lambda or Kinesis.
- Send your logs data using the Logs API.
Once log management is enabled, you can also connect your logs with your APM agent, Kubernetes clusters, or distributed tracing to get additional contextual logging data with our logs in context extensions.
Logging data can be found in these locations: