Beginning May 17, 2022, we will no longer refer to our New Relic observability platform as "New Relic One" and have updated our documentation to reflect this change. Additionally, our license documentation will no longer refer to our usage-based pricing model as the "New Relic One" pricing model.
What does this mean for you? This is only a name change; New Relic continues to offer the same value you're used to receiving from the observability platform. As examples, references to "New Relic One" in our documentation, including this Usage Plan, should now be read as "New Relic" or "New Relic observability platform," and references to “New Relic One - Data” on Orders in are now “New Relic - Data.”
This document is about New Relic's usage-based pricing model (formerly referred to in these docs as the New Relic One pricing model). For an explanation of how that plan works, see New Relic usage-based pricing. The document below goes into license-level details.
The Usage Plan applies to (i) your Pay As You Go subscription, or (ii) your commitment contract options, including but not limited to, Volume Plan and Savings Plan (see a description of these two plans). New Relic may modify the Usage Plan from time to time. Any changes to the Usage Plan will become effective immediately for changes that provide a benefit or right to the Customer or changes to the list prices section; all other changes will become effective if Customer assents or upon any new or renewal Commitment Term. New Relic may provide additional rights to your subscribed buying program, which are effective upon delivery of the written notice, provided such new rights are to the benefit of the Customer and such notice has been delivered through the Account or via the email address email@example.com.
Usage Plan - Effective as of December 29, 2022:
The Order and Usage Plan may contain defined terms that are denoted by capitalization. In the event that a capitalized term is not defined in either the Order or the Usage Plan, such terms shall have the meaning set forth in New Relic usage-based pricing definitions.
- Customer commits to paying for the New Relic Products on a month-to-month consumption basis.
- Customer's usage of the Products in excess of the Free Tier each month shall be billed in arrears on the first business day of the following month based on the Customer's Per Unit usage of each Product each month multiplied by the corresponding rates set forth in an Order and summed (“Monthly Product Usage”).
- New Relic no longer offers new subscriptions to the Annual Pool of Funds. These terms apply for existing APOF subscriptions through the end of the Commitment Term.
- The Commitment Fee will be invoiced as per the 'Billing Terms' described in an Order. On a monthly cadence during the Commitment Term, Customer's Per Unit usage of the Products will be multiplied by the corresponding Monthly Discounted Rate and summed (“Monthly Product Usage”). Monthly Product Usage will be deducted from the Commitment Fee amounts that are paid in advance. If Monthly Product Usage exceeds any remaining unconsumed amounts, Customer will be invoiced for the difference (“Additional Usage”), including for any Monthly Product Usage during the last month of the Commitment Term. Payment of such invoices will be governed by the Order.
- A final payment for the full outstanding amount of any remaining unpaid Commitment Fee and/or Additional Usage/Monthly Add-on Invoice may be invoiced upon each anniversary date of the term start date.
- Any unconsumed balances from the payment of each annual Commitment Fee and any additional payments, if applicable, as set out in an Order will expire and lapse at the end of each year of the Commitment Term.
- After auto-renewal you're subject to our primary method of counting and billing for users described here.
The Commitment Fee will be invoiced as per the Billing Terms described in your Order. If additional Products are used and/or monthly usage of the Product(s) exceeds the Licensed Monthly Quantities, the difference will be invoiced monthly at the corresponding rates ("Monthly Add-on Invoice"). Products and pricing not defined in the Order are defined in the Usage Plan.
The Commitment Fee will be invoiced as per the 'Billing Terms' described in your Order. On a monthly cadence during the Commitment Term and through the end of the month in which the Commitment Fee is consumed in full, Per Unit usage of the Products will be multiplied by the corresponding rates and summed (“Monthly Product Usage”).
Starting on the first day of the calendar month following the earlier of either (a) full depletion of the Commitment Fee, or (b) end of the Rollover Period, your subscription will convert to New Relic Pay As You Go (“PAYG”) and your Products will convert as described in the PAYG Conversion Table below. Fees related to usage on PAYG will be paid monthly in arrears and calculated by multiplying the Per Unit usage of the Products by the PAYG List Price. Products and pricing not defined in the Order is defined in the Usage Plan.
PAYG conversion table
Savings Plan (From)
New Relic Savings Plan - Pro Full Platform Users
New Relic - Pro Full Platform Users (PAYG)
New Relic Savings Plan - Enterprise Full Platform Users
New Relic - Enterprise Full Platform Users (PAYG)
New Relic Savings Plan - Core Users
New Relic - Core Users (PAYG)
New Relic Savings Plan - Data
New Relic - Data (PAYG)
New Relic Savings Plan - Data Plus
New Relic - Data Plus (PAYG)
Monthly Product Usage will be deducted from the Commitment Fee amounts that are paid in advance. If Monthly Product Usage exceeds any remaining unconsumed amounts, Customer will be invoiced for the difference on a monthly basis.
If Customer's subscription is converted from Savings Plan to New Relic Pay As You Go as described in the Order, then Customer may request termination of its PAYG subscription at any time with written notice to New Relic at firstname.lastname@example.org with fees being payable up until the effective date of such termination.
A final payment for the full outstanding amount of any remaining unpaid Commitment Fee and/or Monthly Product Usage will be invoiced upon expiration of the Commitment Term of this Order. Any unconsumed, aggregate balance from the payment of the Commitment Fee and any additional payments, if applicable, will remain available (“Rollover Balance”) to consume at your then-current subscription rates for up to a 12-month period following the Renewal Date (“Rollover Period”).
Rollover Balance will be consumed first for usage-based charges for your then-current subscription at the rates set in your then-current Order, after the Renewal Date.
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in the Terms, the Commitment Fee for the New Relic Savings Plan Subscription will not automatically renew for a subsequent Commitment Term. Once the subscription converts to PAYG, usage of the Products will continue as described herein.
The following List Price tables identify per-unit prices. For more information, contact your New Relic account representative.
Unit of measure
New Relic - Standard Full Platform Users3
Full Platform Users
New Relic - Pro Full Platform Users3
Full Platform Users
New Relic - Enterprise Full Platform Users3
Full Platform Users
New Relic - Core Users
New Relic - Data3
New Relic - Data Plus3
The List Price table below includes pricing details for several add-ons, including:
Exceeding default data retention
Exceeding included synthetic checks
- 1 Your Order and/or invoice will include both the Product name and applicable edition for your subscription.
- 2 List Prices are promotional and subject to change, and the prices above are for non-Pay As You Go plans and Orders with annual billing terms. List Prices for the New Relic Pro Full Platform Users, New Relic Enterprise Full Platform Users, and New Relic - Core Users shall be an additional 12% for non-Pay As You Go plans with monthly billing terms. List Prices for New Relic Pro Full Platform Users and New Relic Enterprise Full Platform Users shall be an additional 20% for Pay As You Go plans. All amounts are monthly and in USD.
- 3 You may only utilize one of the following user editions at any given time: New Relic - Standard Full Platform Users, New Relic - Pro Full Platform Users, or New Relic - Enterprise Full Platform Users. You may only utilize one data option at any given time: New Relic - Data, or New Relic - Data Plus.
- 4 Rounded up to nearest cent where applicable.
- New Relic may from time-to-time make Products available for provisioning in your Account. Products enabled in your Account are included in the Monthly Product Usage.
- All amounts stated in an Order are non-cancelable payment obligations of the Customer regardless of usage. Any payments made are non-refundable.
- Tax will be added where applicable.
- New Relic may review Customer's use of the Products at any time. If New Relic identifies any Customer usage of the Product(s) that is not in accordance with the Terms or Documentation, New Relic may suspend such unauthorized usage.
- All existing purchases and related pricing in effect prior to the execution of an Order shall remain in force. Unless otherwise stated in an Order, an Order does not modify or amend any existing Commitment Fee or Monthly Discounted Rates. Additional future products or quantities are not subject to promotional pricing unless otherwise stated in an Order.
- If a purchase order number ("PO") is not provided in the Order, Customer agrees that New Relic may issue invoice(s) and is entitled to such payment without a PO reference. If a PO is provided, please send a copy of the purchase order to AR@newrelic.com. New Relic will reference such PO in all subsequent invoices solely for Customer's internal purposes.
- The Product(s) are deemed accepted upon its provisioning.
- Any individual user authorized by Customer may accept terms on behalf of Customer.
- The terms, rates, and pricing in the Order are confidential information of New Relic and are solely for Customer's internal use.
- Any Customer dispute to invoices billed in arrears must be in good-faith and received by New Relic in writing within three (3) business days of the invoice date (including for any billed in arrears for the last month of the Commitment Term) or such dispute notice will be considered invalid. The dispute notice will set forth in reasonable detail the information concerning the disputed charges. The parties will use good-faith efforts to promptly resolve any disputed charges.
- Upon expiration or termination of an Order, Customer's access to the applicable Products will immediately cease and Customer must stop sending Customer Data to the Products.
This table explains how the billable user terms used in the Order relate to the terms used in the product UI and public docs.
If your Order (as amended) has these terms:
Then you have a user billing version of...
UI and docs refer to this user type as
Unit of Measure
Original user billing version
full platform user
Monthly Provisioned User
Full Platform User, or Core User
Primary user billing version
full platform user and core user
Full Platform User and Core User
Use of the Products require Customer users to create Login Credentials. Customer user Login Credential information must be accurate, current, and complete. New Relic’s use and collection of Login Credentials (in accordance with its General Data Privacy Notice) is for account and product management and support of its customers. Customer and Customer users must abide by the New Relic Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) and Login Credentials may not be shared. Each Customer user must have their own user account.
Entry into an Order indicates your agreement that the amount of provisioned users (at the rate specified in the Order) applies in lieu of and supersedes any other amount of users of the Products that may be specified in the agreement between Customer and New Relic.
New Relic provides three editions of New Relic (formerly New Relic One):
A New Relic organization can only be on one edition at a time. Your Order will indicate your edition.
With an active subscription to Pro or Enterprise editions of the New Relic platform, you agree that during the Commitment Term the applicable service level availability commitment set forth on the 'Service level availability commitment' page in the Documentation shall apply to the Products. For clarity, if your agreement with New Relic contains a different service level availability commitment or remedies, the above does not apply to your subscription to the New Relic Pro or Enterprise editions.
If you subscribe to any other New Relic Products with New Relic usage-based pricing, any service level availability commitment or related remedies contained within your agreement with New Relic are vacated and nullified, and New Relic will use commercially reasonable efforts to make New Relic Standard edition available in line with industry standards.
With a subscription to New Relic usage-based pricing model, New Relic provides an updated support plan commitment. By subscribing to New Relic's usage-based pricing model, you agree that during the Commitment Term the applicable Support Plan set forth on the 'Support plan' page in the Documentation shall apply in lieu of, and supersedes and replaces, any other support related commitments that may be contained within your agreement with New Relic.
For New Relic K.K. customers (Japan), the above does not currently apply to the support offerings provided by New Relic to you.
If you're on the Pay As You Go buying program, then your usage of the Products is covered by the Paid Terms of Service for any paid months. Otherwise, unpaid months usage of the Products are covered by the Unpaid Terms of Service.
If you're using New Relic's Product(s) in the free tier only, on a trial basis, on a no-cost basis (such as New Relic Student Edition or the like), or on a no-charge, or a 'lite' or 'preview access' basis you agree that the Unpaid Terms of Service will apply to such Product(s) usage and replace and supersede any other terms. In addition, if you subscribe to the New Relic Standard, Pro, or Enterprise edition, you agree that the Paid Terms of Service will apply to your subscription to the Products set forth in an Order and replace and supersede any other terms.
Your access and use of software, services, features, user-interfaces, and platforms made available to you by New Relic that are not yet generally available (including, alpha, beta, pilot, limited release, developer preview, technology preview, non-production, evaluation, or by a similar description) versions of a Service and Software are subject to the Pre-Release Policy in the Documentation. If you are on New Relic's usage-based pricing plan, then your configuration and use of a Pre-Release Service(s) may increase the bill for the applicable New Relic account(s) and is payable to New Relic at the rate described in your Order or this Usage Plan.
New Relic may release additional features, modules, or pre-release, preview, and beta products available to Customer subject to Service Specific Terms. “Service Specific Terms” means the terms that apply to additional Services currently found at newrelic.com/termsandconditions/terms. Customer access to any separate platforms for purposes of applicability of governing terms, such as Community Cloud for Pixie or CodeStream, is subject to their respective terms of service.
If you enable a separate platform with New Relic's platform, New Relic may access and exchange Customer Data with the separate platform on your behalf. For clarity, such other platforms do not form part of New Relic's platform and, unless otherwise expressly provided in the terms and then only to the extent provided, New Relic observability platform warranties, indemnities, etc., do not apply to use of any other platforms for purposes of applicability of governing terms.
Separate platforms are not intended to meet any legal obligations for Prohibited Data uses. Further, unless otherwise agreed to in writing by New Relic, (a) for users of separate platforms, New Relic is neither a Business Associate or a subcontractor (as defined under HIPAA), nor a payment card processor, and (b) separate platforms are neither HIPAA nor PCI DSS compliant.