The ability to see and edit a monitor's settings may depend on your Synthetics permissions.
Good alerts help notify individuals or teams about changes in their systems. New Relic Alerts provides a single, coordinated alerting tool across New Relic products. This allows you to manage alert policies and conditions that focus on the metrics for entities (such as monitors in New Relic Synthetics) that you care about the most.
After you set up one or more alert policies and define alert conditions for your New Relic product entities (targets), you can view that information in the New Relic Alerts UI. You can also view alert policy information in the UI for individual New Relic products.
View policies and conditions from Synthetics
To view alert policy and condition information for a specific monitor directly from New Relic Synthetics:
- Go to synthetics.newrelic.com > Monitors > (select a monitor) > Settings > Alert conditions.
- From the Alert conditions page, use the available tools to search, sort, view, or update the alert conditions and their associated policies.
You cannot view or edit multi-location Synthetics alert conditions in the Synthetics UI.
View events and activities from Synthetics
To view summary information about events and other activity directly from New Relic Synthetics:
Go to synthetics.newrelic.com.
Go to one.newrelic.com > Entity explorer > Synthetic monitors.
- From the index, mouse over the entity's color-coded health status, or select a specific monitor to view additional details.
For example, if a Critical alert violation occurs, the health status indicator turns red on the Synthetics index and on the selected monitor. To learn more about the violation in New Relic Alerts, mouse over or select any pink area on a chart. For more information and examples, see View events from their products.
View alert violations from Synthetics
If an alert condition has thresholds set up for Warning (yellow) or Critical (red) violations, the color-coded health status for a product entity will change to indicate a violation. You can view the violations directly from the monitor's page in New Relic Synthetics:
- Go to synthetics.newrelic.com > Monitors > (select a monitor) > Monitor > Violations.
- From the Violations page, use the available tools to search, sort, or view violations for the selected monitor.
- Optional: To view or update the alert policies, conditions, or thresholds that triggered the violations, select the corresponding link.
You can also view Warning and Critical violations from the New Relic Alerts UI for specific incidents or for incidents and events across all products. New Relic Alerts sends alert notifications only for Critical (red) violations.