This page is for release notes for downloadable software. For product announcements, see What's new style guidelines.
To add either type of release note to the site:
- Find the most recent release note for your agent and make a copy of it.
- Use the established filenaming convention to name the new file (see note below).
- Fill in the subject, releaseDate, version, and/or watermark fields.
- Write the content for your new release note, following the established pattern.
- Commit your changes and submit a pull request.
File naming note: To avoid potential naming conflicts, we recommended to use a '-' to separate version parts in your file name, which may differ from your current convention. For example: Node.js agent v7.2.0 would result in the name: 'node-agent-7-2-0'.
A Tech Docs hero will review your release note content and approve your pull request to get it published.
We only build and deploy the site a few times a day, and currently builds can take a few hours to complete. If your release is time-sensitive, ensure you've planned for enough time to get the docs live.
If you need more help, check out these support and learning resources:
- Browse the Explorers Hub to get help from the community and join in discussions.
- Find answers on our sites and learn how to use our support portal.
- Run New Relic Diagnostics, our troubleshooting tool for Linux, Windows, and macOS.
- Review New Relic's data security and licenses documentation.