Admins can integrate New Relic with Atlassian JIRA, Lighthouse, or Pivotal Tracker. This is useful for creating tickets, issues, or stories about performance issues in New Relic's transaction traces, errors, and notes.
Atlassian JIRA, Lighthouse, and Pivotal Tracker have different setup requirements.
This setup requires the root URL (https) for your installation, your JIRA account's user name and password, and the project for issues.
- JIRA 6 uses the JIRA 5 tab in New Relic's user interface.
- JIRA 5 requires the issue type for issues reported from New Relic.
- JIRA 4 issues automatically appear as Type 1 (bug) for New Relic integrations. If necessary, you can change your internal definition for Type 1. Also, avoid using JIRA 4 if new issues must be assigned to a JIRA user. The test message will fail, and you will not be able to create issues from New Relic Errors or Transaction Traces dashboards.
||This setup requires the subdomain for your installation (for example, http://subdomain.lighthouseapp.com), and your Lighthouse account's email and password for ticket tracking.
||This setup requires the API token from your Pivotal Tracker account for creating stories in Agile-type projects.
To connect your New Relic account to Atlassian JIRA, Lighthouse, or Pivotal Tracker:
- From the New Relic title bar, select (account) > Account settings > Integrations > Ticketing integrations.
- Select the tab for JIRA 5 (for 5 and 6), JIRA 4, Lighthouse, or Pivotal Tracker.
- Follow the instructions on the individual tab.
- Select the corresponding Integrate button.
After your ticketing system has been integrated, the corresponding tab's "traffic light" changes to green (enabled).
(selected account) > Account settings > Integrations > Ticketing integrations: Select your choice to integrate and track performance issues with Atlassian JIRA, Lighthouse, or Pivotal Tracker.
To use the ticketing system integrated with your New Relic account:
- From the selected transaction trace, error, or note, select any of the available options to File a ticket or File a story.
- Follow standard procedures to create a ticket or story from your Lighthouse, Pivotal Tracker, or Atlassian JIRA account.
Here is an example of the available options to file a ticket from a selected note, including Lighthouse, Pivotal Tracker, Atlassian JIRA, and Twitter.
For more help
Additional documentation resources include:
If you still have problems, submit a support ticket (for fastest service) or email support @ New Relic. Also, you may be able to find support from the community at Stack Overflow. Tag your post with