There may be times that you want to process personal data in New Relic products or services about your own customers. We have taken steps so that you can do so in accordance with applicable data protection laws, such as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) in the EU.
When you receive a data subject request from one of your own customers, you are the data controller and are responsible for all interactions with the data subject. New Relic is your data processor and will only communicate with you as our customer.
- For a complete overview of what data New Relic records, what it's used for, and how long this data is stored, see the New Relic Services Data Privacy Notice.
- For additional information to help enable your compliance with privacy laws when using our browser monitoring service, see our documentation about New Relic cookies used for browser monitoring.
- For more information about our data privacy and security measures, see our data privacy documentation, or visit the New Relic security website.
Requests for data access
For data access requests from one of your customers, you have the ability to:
- Query all data New Relic collected on your behalf
- Extract the relevant information
- Provide it to the data subject
Requests for data deletion
To improve the security of the data you entrust us with, we restrict the ability to request data deletion to only Admin and Owner roles. If you have not been assigned this role, please contact one of your account's Admins or Owners. To find your account's users, follow the instructions for viewing users.
When you want to delete data, an Admin or Owner can send an email to email@example.com to ask us for help. Please note that by law, we have 30 days to fulfill these requests once we receive them.
New Relic customers are responsible for:
- Identifying the personal data that must be deleted
- Determining how to dispose of the request
- Providing New Relic with sufficient detail to complete the change you want
- Responding to the original data subject request
Requests should come from authorized employees of direct customers of New Relic, meaning those individuals with an account that has access to New Relic products.
|Account type||Submission process|
|I have a paid New Relic account||
Please provide details of all enabled custom parameters that contain personal data that should be deleted or anonymized and send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
|I have a free New Relic account||New Relic can delete all data in your account in response to a request submitted by email to email@example.com.|
|I'm not sure what type of account I have||
To check your subscription:
|I do not have a New Relic account||
If you are not a customer of New Relic, please refer to our General Data Privacy Notice.