There may be times that you want to process personal data in New Relic products or services about your own customers. We have taken steps so that you can do this in accordance with applicable data protection laws, such as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) in the EU.
When you receive a request from one of your own customers about their personal data, you are the data controller, and you are responsible for all interactions with the data subject. (Your own customer is the data subject as defined by the GDPR.)
New Relic is your data processor, so we only communicate with you as our customer. We don't communicate with your own customers. New Relic is unable to provide assistance to our customers with personal data requests via any third party platforms, including, for example, any data privacy or data privacy compliance platforms. The only method by which we can provide assistance is as set out below.
Requests for data access
For data access requests from any of your customers, you can:
- Query all data New Relic collected on your behalf.
- Extract the relevant information.
- Provide it to your customer (the data subject).
As you work with your customers' data, you may find these resources helpful:
- For a complete overview of what data we record, what it's used for, and how long this data is stored, see the New Relic Services Data Privacy Notice.
- For information about your compliance with privacy laws when you use our service, see our documentation about New Relic cookies used for browser monitoring.
- For more information about our data privacy and security measures, see our data privacy documentation, or visit the New Relic security website.
Requests for personal data deletion
Please note that New Relic is unable to provide assistance to our customers with personal data requests via any third party data privacy or data privacy compliance platforms. The only methods by which we can provide assistance are as set out in this section. To improve the security of the data you entrust us with, we restrict the ability to request data deletion to only admin and owner roles. If you have not been assigned this role, please contact one of your account's Admins or Owners. To find your account's users, follow the instructions for viewing users.
When you want to delete personal data for your customers, the admin or owner for your New Relic account follows this process:
- Identify the personal data that your own customer wants to have deleted or made anonymous.
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to ask us for help. Include sufficient details so we can complete the change in the way you want, as explained in the following table.
- After we fulfill your request to remove the personal data, follow up with your customer who initiated the request.
By law, we have 30 days to fulfill personal data deletion requests once we receive them.
Here are some examples of what to do, depending on your New Relic account type.
New Relic account type
What to do
I have a paid New Relic account.
I have a free New Relic account.
I'm not sure what type of New Relic account I have.
To check your New Relic subscription:
I do not have a New Relic account.
If you are not a customer of New Relic, please refer to our General Data Privacy Notice.