The end-of-life date for the legacy virtual private minions is August 9, 2019. For current users, we recommend using containerized private minions (CPM). For details, see the Sunset plan for Virtual private minion post on New Relic's Explorers Hub.
For more information about end-of-life support, see End-of-life policy.
An update to clean up Docker orphaned virtual network interfaces. This prevents long-running private minions from running out of inodes and being in an inoperable state until restart.
- Upgraded Docker Engine from 1.13.1 to 17.05.0 CE
- Updated VMware Tools installed in the VM to 10.1.1
- Added cron-job that every 5 minutes cleans up Docker orphaned virtual network interfaces (i.e.
ifstate.veth*): this is needed as long-running Docker exhausts the number of
tmpfsand renders Docker unable to launch new containers
- Fixed issue with Monitor Har creation that was identifying the wrong "page originator" entry, leading to a negative start time for some pages
- Updated Linux Kernel to 4.4.0-112, that includes fixes for CVE-2017-5715 and CVE-2017-5753