The New Relic platform provides various UI experiences that help you find important data quickly, share data and analysis with team members, customize the UI, and more.
Once you've got data reporting to your account, the best way to start exploring and see what's available is to go to the New Relic Explorer at one.newrelic.com. There you'll see a list of your monitored entities that helps you identify overall behaviors, filter entities to locate sources of performance issues, or plan improvements for your system.
To search across all your New Relic data, start typing in the Search across New Relic field at the top of the New Relic UI. Some details about how this search option works:
- This search looks across all accounts that you've been granted access to in your organization. For more about account access, see Factors affecting access.
- Entities that cease to exist are available in search for eight days.
Here are some query and chart features available across all or most of the platform:
If you want to...
Start querying your data
View a chart's query
For most charts, you can view the NRQL query used to generate that chart. This can help you understand a chart better or use it as the basis for a new query.
Choose time range
Drag across a section of a chart to zoom in on that time range. Or, if you want to select a pre-set time range or use a custom one, use the time picker in the top right corner of the UI.
View chart details
Mouse over a chart to see a pop-up with more detail. For some charts, selecting a point on the chart will take you to a UI page with more information about that metric.
Hide or return chart elements
To hide or unhide a displayed chart element, select that element's name below the chart. The chart display will adjust to reflect the absence or presence of that element.
Here are some options for sharing New Relic UI pages and visualizations:
If you want to...
Share UI pages and dashboards
To share an entire New Relic UI page, use the permalink icon near the top of the platform.
Invite a team member
To invite someone to join New Relic so they can see something or collaborate on a problem, go to the user menu and click Invite a teammate.
If New Relic charts are built with NRQL queries, they have a menu that exposes various options, including sharing options like Get as image and Get chart link.
Some notes about sharing:
- The person you share with may not have access to view the data from that account. To solve that, someone on your team with New Relic user management abilities must add that person to the account.
- If someone can't access a custom dashboard, it may be that it is set to private. Read more about dashboard permissions.
- Some sharing options have associated time ranges, which may impact later viewings of it. For example, if you use a chart's Get chart link option and that chart is set to 'Last 30 minutes', when viewed it will show the last 30 minutes, not the time range displayed when it was shared. To share a specific time range, you must select that time range in the UI.
Select the edit icon at the right end of the navigation bar to customize your view. Home, Explorer, Browse data, Dashboards, and Alerts & AI are fixed, but you can favorite up to six more elements to display on the bar as well. The rest will go on the More group.
Navigation shortcuts are a faster way to find entities and apps that are relevant to you. Mouse over any menu item for quick access to your favorite entities, those you recently visited, or just to search without having to navigate to a specific section. If you click on an entity, you can choose to open it in the same browser tab or in a new one.
To find account settings and user preferences, use the user menu.
This has been a look at a few basic platform UI experiences. For more about the UI, search for docs related to specific New Relic tools and features.