New Relic One (one.newrelic.com) gathers all your New Relic data in a single place. With New Relic One, you can:
- Get an entity-centric view of your system that allows you to more easily find, visualize, and understand data from across an entire system. See all your applications, services, containers, cloud services, and hosts, in one place.
- Go beyond simple charts and dashboards: Build custom applications and visualizations on the New Relic One platform.
New Relic One requirements:
- A paid New Relic account. If you don't already have one, create a New Relic account.
- Access to New Relic One features depend on standard product subscription restrictions.
An enhancement to the New Relic platform
New Relic One is not a product; it's a way to view and interact with all your New Relic data more easily. This UI connects all our products, lets you see your data in one place, and helps you understand how everything fits together. New Relic One adds enhanced usability to the data that you already rely on by eliminating barriers between our products and bringing more data together at a high level. When you need to dig deeper, New Relic One provides links to other parts of the New Relic platform.
Like any other New Relic product or service, New Relic One is designed to protect you and your customers' data privacy. For more about New Relic's security measures, see our security and privacy documentation, or visit the New Relic security website.
For more on going back and forth between New Relic One and other New Relic products, see our Explorers Hub post about New Relic One and accounts.
Quickly understand context
New Relic One gives you and your teams a connected view that cuts through complexity and allows you to:
Organize your environments and manage data more effectively with tags. Use tags to illustrate relationships and contextual information for what you monitor. By thoughtfully tagging your entities, you can connect all the data your teams need to understand their increasingly complex and interdependent systems.
View everything you’re monitoring in one place, like entities or dashboards across your organization. Cross-account access brings all types of data together while still making everything easy to find.
Tailor custom dashboards for your unique needs. Create visuals that showcase your business needs at a glance, and make the most of your expertise.
Get more context while you query with the chart builder which surfaces data definitions as you craft and edit queries. You can read more data definitions with our event data dictionary.
Know your relationships and dependencies
We provide multiple ways to understand dependencies, so you can easily see how everything fits together and troubleshoot problems.
|If you want to...||Use this|
See how each part of your system is connected.
Service maps in New Relic One illustrate your upstream and downstream dependencies.
Organize everything you monitor and provide context for your entities.
Add tags to all your entities.
Understand how everything is connected via API.
The NerdGraph GraphiQL explorer manages all your entities, tags, and relationships.
|Find a service or dashboard in a complex environment.||Search by name across all accounts in the unified search, or filter the entity explorer by tags or text|
View a list of all the dependencies for a service.
The dependencies view tab in an entity summary shows all the dependencies of the entity you’re viewing.
Track activity as it moves across your distributed system.
Distributed tracing helps you analyze your modern environment.
Know which teams are responsible for specific entities across your organization.
Create tags for teams and all the services the monitor.
Query your data more easily
The chart builder is available in all parts of New Relic One in the top header. With the chart builder, you can build charts no matter what your query language experience is:
- Build charts without any NRQL experience in basic mode.
- Wield your NRQL expertise to build custom charts in advanced mode.
New Relic One dashboards lets you build better visualizations more easily, with more options to customize.
All of your pre-existing Insights dashboards are automatically available as New Relic One dashboards.
Dashboard features include:
- Perform NRQL queries and create charts and dashboards everywhere in the platform using the chart builder.
- Build flexible, high-density dashboards with a consistent UI.
- Manage your charts and dashboards easily using our quick-access CRUD menus and editing options.
- Explore and contextualize data with advanced tooltips and zoom in functions to monitor what your systems are doing in real time.
- Search your dashboards for attributes and metrics.
- Send data to your dashboards using the Event API.
- Share dashboards or charts as a .pdf, or embed a chart in an external site.
Build on New Relic One
- Reside on the New Relic One platform, alongside your other New Relic-monitored data.
- Feature highly tailored visualizations.
- Display data from any source you want, whether from a New Relic-monitored entity or data from any service or API.
To learn more, see Introduction to New Relic One applications.
Tailor your homepage
Select the star star icon for any entity or dashboard to favorite it. All your favorite items and their status appear on the one.newrelic.com home page. By identifying your most important entities and dashboards as favorites, they are one click away when you access New Relic.
To get started with New Relic One:
- Go to one.newrelic.com.
- Use the entity explorer.
- Use New Relic NerdGraph to create tags by API.
- Learn about dashboards.