The Devices page for New Relic Mobile provides performance details about the top devices using your mobile application, such as iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch, Android Tablet, etc. Charts compare the devices by:
- Interaction time
- HTTP request time
- Error rates and network failures
- Active user sessions
From here you can drill down into details by a specific model (for example, iPhone 6, 6S, 7).
Viewing the Devices page
To view performance details about your users' mobile devices:
- Go to rpm.newrelic.com/mobile > (select an app) > App > Devices.
- To select the mobile app versions or change the time period, use the Versions menu and time picker below the New Relic menu bar.
- Optional: Select the Sort by and Hide < 1% throughput options.
- To limit details to a specific device type (for example, iPad), select its name.
Viewing drill-down details
- To view a list of specific devices or models (for example, iPad mini, iPad Air, etc.), select the type (for example, iPad).
- To view details for a specific device or model, select its name from the expanded list.
- To view trace details a slow transaction (if available), select its link. For more information, see Interactions page.
- To return to the main Devices page, select the Close (X) button.
For more help
Additional documentation resources include:
- Errors page for mobile apps (detailed charts and information about errors with mobile apps)
- Versions analysis (seven-day report with a color-coded chart for mobile app usage, plus a table that summarizes mobile versions, date created, and averages)
- Monthly uniques report (bar charts showing the number of devices running your mobile app over the past 12 months)