The user interface for New Relic's Android app provides functionality similar to New Relic's standard user interface, with customized details for mobile users.
- Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) or higher
- Screen size of 7 inches or less
Install New Relic's mobile app
You can install the New Relic Android app from the Google Play Store or learn more from the New Relic website. Follow standard procedures to install any Android app, then sign in with your New Relic user name (account email) and password if applicable.
Depending on your New Relic account, additional installation or user authentication steps may be required.
View New Relic data
To view details of your apps monitored by New Relic, select a product from the app's main menu. See below for details on how to use specific features of the app:
- New Relic product details
The New Relic Android app includes data about these features:
- New Relic APM metrics, both real-time and historical data, including health maps. Select the transaction [transaction icon] icon to see detailed transaction metrics, or an Overview chart to view summary charts of your top five transactions. Select the filter icon to filter by labels and categories.
- New Relic Browser overview metrics, including average page load time, Browser Apdex, average throughput, and more.
- New Relic Infrastructure utilization.
- New Relic Plugins, including a list of their components or instances, and their charts and current values from the plugin's Summary.
- New Relic Mobile, including crash reports, network errors, API calls, and active user count.
- Event notifications, including mobile alerts wherever you are, plus deployment notifications and notes.
New Relic's Android app does not have the full feature set of the New Relic web interface. For more detailed analysis, sign in to your New Relic account with a web browser.
- New Relic Synthetics data
You can use the Android app to view your New Relic Synthetics data, including charts of your monitor's availability, load times, and load sizes. To view more detailed charts, select the caret caret-down icon.
You can mute or disable your monitor, and view details of any recent errors. For scripted monitors, you can view and search the script log.
When you log in to your New Relic account from the Android app, your device is automatically associated with your user channel. Then, you can add your user channel to your target policy to receive alerts.
For Android alerts, notifications appear on your lock screen. To view them, tap the alert event.
You can select any alert to view error details or acknowledge the alert. New Relic also sends a push notification when a colleague acknowledges an open event. Then, New Relic sends a final, closing notification when all Critical events end.
- Mobile app monitoring
If you have a mobile application and have installed New Relic Mobile, you can monitor its performance directly from your Android device. New Relic Mobile monitoring includes network errors, API calls, and number of active users. You can also view detailed individual crash reports for a deeper understanding of a particular crash incident.
- Details on setting time range
When viewing an application or host, you can change the visible time frame with the time picker.
- To move back and forth across the timeline, scrub the New Relic charts.
- To change the duration of the visible time slice, select the clock icon.
- To specify an end time other than now, slide the toggle from Ending Now to Custom Date.
- To save your changes and refresh the chart data, select the clock icon again.
To make troubleshooting easier, New Relic's mobile apps only record the following information about you:
- User's email address associated with your New Relic account, including first and last name (for authentication purposes only)
- IP address
- Device ID
For more information, see our Mobile data privacy and security documentation.