We support two different methods to forward your logs from a Google Cloud Platform Pub/Sub topic to New Relic.
The following may help you decide which option is best for your business needs.
GCP log forwarding options
To send your GCP logs to New Relic using our headerless API:
To send your GCP logs to New Relic using a Dataflow job, you will use our Dataflow template. Before you begin, make sure you have the following tools on your local computer:
- A Unix terminal for Linux or macOS
- Java JDK 8
- Apache Maven 3.2 or higher. We've seen earlier versions fail during the compilation process.
- The Google Cloud SDK, which includes
gsutilcommand line tools
While you wait for your data to come in...
Did this doc help you install?
Explore logging data across your platform with our Logs UI.
- Get deeper visibility into both your application and your platform performance data by forwarding your logs with our logs in context capabilities.
- Set up alerts.
- Query your data and create dashboards.
To disable log forwarding capabilities, follow standard procedures in Google Cloud Platform documentation. You do not need to do anything else in New Relic.