After enabling Amazon integrations with New Relic Infrastructure, you encounter a rate limit for service-specific APIs. You might see this message in your AWS monitoring software, often with a
AWS::EC2::Errors::RequestLimitExceeded Request limit exceeded.
For assistance determining which services may cause an increase in billing, get support at support.newrelic.com, or contact your New Relic account representative.
Infrastructure Amazon integrations leverage the AWS monitoring APIs to gather inventory data. AWS imposes hard rate limits on many of the AWS service-specific APIs consumed by New Relic Infrastructure integrations. Adding New Relic Amazon integrations will increase usage of the service-specific APIs and could impact how quickly you reach your rate limit.
This may be caused by either of the following:
- Enabling Amazon integrations on several plugins for the same service
- Adding the incorrect Role ARN to your AWS integrations
If you need more help, check out these support and learning resources:
- Browse the Explorers Hub to get help from the community and join in discussions.
- Find answers on our sites and learn how to use our support portal.
- Run New Relic Diagnostics, our troubleshooting tool for Linux, Windows, and macOS.
- Review New Relic's data security and licenses documentation.