Returns a new API object that is bound to the current SPA interaction.
Agent version nr-963 or higher.
The SPA monitoring
interaction() call returns a new API object that is bound to the current interaction.
- New interaction: If the API calls it when New Relic is not currently monitoring an interaction, a new interaction is created.
- New object: If the API calls it again within the same interaction, a new object referencing the current interaction is created.
The parameters depend on the specific SPA interaction API call.
This method returns an API object that is bound to a specific
BrowserInteraction event. Each time this method is called for the same
BrowserInteraction, a new object is created, but it still references the same interaction.
SPA API methods can be used on
newrelic.interaction(). The methods can also be used on a handle you assign with a variable. For example:
myInteraction = newrelic.interaction()myInteraction.save()
The named handle can be saved and used from outside an interaction, but methods will have no effect after the interaction has ended.
If you need more help, check out these support and learning resources:
- Browse the Explorers Hub to get help from the community and join in discussions.
- Find answers on our sites and learn how to use our support portal.
- Run New Relic Diagnostics, our troubleshooting tool for Linux, Windows, and macOS.
- Review New Relic's data security and licenses documentation.