After you start a New Relic APM x-ray session (rpm.newrelic.com/apm or rpm.newrelic.com/browser > Key transactions > (select a key transaction) > x-ray), New Relic will collect up to 100 transaction traces and a thread profile for your key transaction. Collection automatically stops based on the options you select.
Access to this feature depends on your subscription level.
Viewing the x-ray sessions index
Every ten seconds the x-ray sessions index refreshes automatically. The x-ray sessions index (newest to oldest) shows:
- X-ray session name
- Current progress
- Number of traces
- Author (email link for the person who created the x-ray session)
- When the session started
- Current status (Starting, Running, Stopped, Finished)
- Icons to edit (rename), stop (cancel), or delete the x-ray session
From the x-ray session index, select any row to view page details.
Selecting the x-ray session's pages
To view an X-ray session's Overview and Thread Profile pages:
- Go to rpm.newrelic.com/apm or rpm.newrelic.com/browser > Key transactions > (select a key transaction) > x-ray > (select an x-ray session).
- To view the x-ray session's corresponding key transaction or application, select the individual links at the top of the Overview or Thread Profile page.
- To toggle between the x-ray session's Overview and Thread Profile pages, select their individual tabs.
For more help
Additional documentation resources include:
- X-ray sessions (overview of New Relic's x-ray sessions feature and comparison to standard event thread profilers)
- Starting, stopping, or deleting an x-ray session (procedures)
- X-ray session Overview page (view details for the selected x-ray session's transaction traces)
- X-ray session Thread Profile page (view details for the x-ray session's thread profiler results)