Admins can integrate New Relic with Atlassian JIRA, Lighthouse, or Pivotal Tracker. This is useful for creating tickets, issues, or stories about performance issues in New Relic's transaction traces, errors, and notes.
Atlassian JIRA, Lighthouse, and Pivotal Tracker have different setup requirements.
This setup requires the root URL (https) for your installation, your JIRA account's user name and password, and the project for issues.
|Lighthouse||This setup requires the subdomain for your installation; for example,
|Pivotal Tracker||This setup requires the API token from your Pivotal Tracker account for creating stories in Agile-type projects.|
To connect your New Relic account to Atlassian JIRA, Lighthouse, or Pivotal Tracker:
- From the New Relic menu bar, select (account) > Account settings > Integrations > Ticketing integrations.
- Select the tab for JIRA 5/6, JIRA 4, Lighthouse, or Pivotal Tracker.
- Follow the instructions on the individual tab.
- Select the corresponding Integrate button.
After your ticketing system has been integrated, the corresponding tab's "traffic light" changes to green (enabled).
To use the ticketing system integrated with your New Relic account:
- From the selected transaction trace, error, or note, select any of the available options to File a ticket or File a story.
- Follow standard procedures to create a ticket or story from your Lighthouse, Pivotal Tracker, or Atlassian JIRA account.
For more help
Additional documentation resources include:
- Errors dashboard (using New Relic's Errors dashboard)
- Viewing transaction traces (using New Relic's Transaction traces dashboard)
- Public and private notes (using New Relic's Notes feature with charts, tables, and maps)
- Standard dashboard features (a summary of standard New Relic dashboard functions and links to more detailed information)