APM's Alerts page shows a table of alerts over the past two weeks that you can drill down into detailed information, including throughput, error rate percentage, and history. You can view alert history for a specific application or for all applications.
Access to this feature depends on your subscription level.
To view a list of alerts for a specific app: Go to one.newrelic.com > Explorer > (select an app) > Events > Alerts.
one.newrelic.com > APM > (select an app) > Events > Alerts: Use this page to view or filter information about alerts over the past two weeks.
Each alert notification includes the alert icon and summary information. To view details about an alert notification on the Alerts page, select its link. For example:
- To view details about a specific alert, select its name.
- To narrow the list of alerts, use the Filter.
- To view all alerts for all of your apps and hosts, select the All alerts link.
- To select a specific Java Virtual Machine (JVM) if applicable, select your choice from the JVMs menu.
To view history about Critical alerts and outages across all of your applications and hosts:
- Go to rpm.newrelic.com/apm > Alerts > Alert history.
- Optional: Select Show alerts for hidden applications.
The list separates alerts into categories, including:
- In progress
- This week
- Prior to last week
From here you can filter and select select specific incidents.
If you need more help, check out these support and learning resources:
- Browse the Explorers Hub to get help from the community and join in discussions.
- Find answers on our sites and learn how to use our support portal.
- Run New Relic Diagnostics, our troubleshooting tool for Linux, Windows, and macOS.
- Review New Relic's data security and licenses documentation.