New Relic errors inbox is a single place to proactively detect, prioritize, and take action on all the errors before they impact customers. Receive alerts whenever a critical, customer-impacting error arises via your preferred communication channel.
Resolve errors faster with errors from across your stack, including all APM, browser, mobile, and serverless (AWS Lambda) data, displayed on one screen. Errors are grouped to cut down on noise and collaborating across teams is easy with shared visibility to the same error data.
Errors inbox is not available in the EU region.
Errors inbox provides a unified error tracking experience to detect and triage errors:
- View and triage issues across applications and services that your team cares about.
- Proactive notifications with detailed error information in Slack
- Error profiles to show similarities between error events and surface the root cause.
- Analyze errors in context of the full stack and resolve errors with precision.
- Triage and tackle errors, including APM, browser, mobile, and AWS Lambda Functions.
To enable errors inbox, follow these steps below. Afterwards, errors groups should start to appear in your inbox.
- From one.newrelic.com select More in the top right and click Errors Inbox from the dropdown.
- If this is your first time accessing errors inbox, you will be prompted to select a workload in the top left.
Once you select your workload, your inbox should populate with error groups. If you have no workloads set up, you will need to create one before you can use errors inbox.
Each inbox can be connected to a specific workspace and channel in Slack. To set this up, follow the steps below.
- If your Slack workspace does not have the New Relic app installed, do that first.
- From an inbox, select the Inbox Settings icon (looks like a gear) in the top right corner.
- Toggle the Slack button to "on" if it is "off".
- If no workspaces are available, click the "+" button to enable Slack with a one click Slack authentication.
- Once authenticated, you will be able to select a Workspace and specific Channel to send notifications to.
- Click "Test" to ensure messages are being sent to the right channel.
one.newrelic.com > More > Errors inbox
Once you've set up your errors inbox, you can begin proactively monitoring all errors in your stack:
- Error groups: Your errors inbox automatically groups your errors so you can easily review all the unique errors within your system.
- Occurrences: Your errors inbox displays the total number of occurences of each errors within the selected timeframe. The corresponding sparkline chart displays the total number of occurences per day over the selected timeframe.
- Status: You can set the status of an error by selecting the dropdown and choosing either Unresolved, Resolve, or Ignore. You can ignore errors to reduce noise, leave it unresolved, or proactively resolve the error.
- Assign errors: Assign errors directly to individuals.
Clicking on a specific error group takes you to the error details page, where you will find full context of the issue. This context can assist in triaging the error and assigning it to the correct team or individual. This includes details like:
- Related account
- Stack trace
- Error attributes
- Number and frequency of occurrences
The detailed view also allows you to view specific errors. In the top right, you can navigate between the first instance of the error, the last, and any instance inbetween.
If you need more help, check out these support and learning resources:
- Browse the Explorers Hub to get help from the community and join in discussions.
- Find answers on our sites and learn how to use our support portal.
- Run New Relic Diagnostics, our troubleshooting tool for Linux, Windows, and macOS.
- Review New Relic's data security and licenses documentation.