This document explains how to uninstall the New Relic Ruby agent. For instructions on how to temporarily disable the agent, see Disable the agent.
To uninstall the Ruby agent:
- Delete the line
gem 'newrelic_rpm'from your Gemfile.
- Remove the newrelic.yml file from your RAILS_ROOT/config/ folder.
- Run bundle install.
- When the uninstall process finishes, restart your app.
For more information about installation, see New Relic for Ruby.
If you need more help, check out these support and learning resources:
- Browse the Explorers Hub to get help from the community and join in discussions.
- Find answers on our sites and learn how to use our support portal.
- Run New Relic Diagnostics, our troubleshooting tool for Linux, Windows, and macOS.
- Review New Relic's data security and licenses documentation.