This document explains how to install APM's .NET Framework agent and .NET Core agent on Azure Service Fabric. This is not the same as installing the Infrastructure integrations for Microsoft Azure.
In most cases, installing the .NET agent in an Azure Service Fabric environment can be performed using the standard install procedures for either Windows or Linux. This document highlights some alternate ways you can install the agent.
You will need to ensure the agent gets installed on all nodes in your cluster. To monitor multiple nodes, you may want to integrate the install into your deployment process.
If you are using containers in your Service Fabric environment you should read Install for Docker.
You can also install the agent in a Service Fabric environment using NuGet. NuGet is often a good option for developers because the agent gets deployed along with your application. Though, using NuGet requires some manual installation procedures. See Install with NuGet.
To install the .NET agent using NuGet:
Follow the standard NuGet install procedures.
When using NuGet, you must set some environment variables. This can be done in your application's
ServiceManifest.xmlfile. See the relevant instructions below:
For the .NET Framework only: Edit your
app.configfile and add the
NewRelic.AgentEnabledapp setting:<appSettings>...<add key="NewRelic.AgentEnabled" value="true" />...</appSettings>
If your application is generating traffic, data should appear in your APM account in several minutes. If data does not appear, try these troubleshooting steps:
- Make sure that all files in the
newrelicdirectory at the root of your app was published to Azure.
- Make sure the environment variables are set correctly.
- See the general troubleshooting documentation to check for common errors.
If you need more help, check out these support and learning resources:
- Browse the Explorers Hub to get help from the community and join in discussions.
- Find answers on our sites and learn how to use our support portal.
- Run New Relic Diagnostics, our troubleshooting tool for Linux, Windows, and macOS.
- Review New Relic's data security and licenses documentation.