If you are an Amazon AWS Elastic Beanstalk user, the Java agent requires additional configuration.
Before completing the configuration, you must first:
- Create a supported Amazon Web Services account.
- Create a New Relic account.
- Download and install the Java agent.
To complete Java agent installation on AWS Elastic Beanstalk:
- In your WAR file, add the
- Repackage and deploy your new WAR file as a new application or an update to a previous application.
- Locate and connect to the underlaying EC2 instance. Once connected, find the path to
newrelic.jarfile using this command - ensure you search one directory at a time. Use either
sudo find </var | /usr> -name "newrelic.jar"
To pass the
-javaagent flag to JVM in AWS Elastic Beanstalk
In the AWS console, open the Elastic Beanstalk.
Select the relevant region.
Select your application.
In the left pane, select Configurations.
Open Software Configuration.
Under Container Options, add the following in the JVM options field:
Select Apply to save.
Your Elastic Beanstalk will then update your environment.
If you need more help, check out these support and learning resources:
- Browse the Explorers Hub to get help from the community and join in discussions.
- Find answers on our sites and learn how to use our support portal.
- Run New Relic Diagnostics, our troubleshooting tool for Linux, Windows, and macOS.
- Review New Relic's data security and licenses documentation.