After installing the New Relic Ruby agent and waiting five minutes, no data appears in your New Relic UI.
To troubleshoot missing data:
- Ensure your config file is installed at
config/newrelic.ymlwithin your application directory and that your config file is valid YML. To download a copy of this file with your license key pre-populated, select (your account name) > Account Settings > Download a clean configuration file from the New Relic APM website.
- Restart your web server.
- Examine the agent's log file at
log/newrelic_agent.logfor any errors or warnings that show up upon restarting your application server processes. If this log file isn't present or isn't being written to, see No log file.
- Check the New Relic agent log for an entry that has
INFO : Reporting to:followed by a URL. Ensure that URL matches the account and application you are viewing in the New Relic UI.
- Ensure the New Relic agent is configured to start in the environment you're deploying to. For more information, see Controlling when the Ruby agent starts.
- If no errors are obvious at the
infolevel, generate detailed debug logs.
- Try updating to the latest version of the newrelic_rpm gem.
- If you are using something other than Rails, set
RACK_ENVto an environment appearing in the
newrelic.ymlfile, such as development or production.
For more help
Additional documentation resources include: