Requires Administrator rights in your Windows admin group.
Stop IIS and uninstall
Stopping IIS before uninstalling your New Relic .NET agent is a best practice, since it shuts down any running agents. If you don't stop IIS, you may need to reboot after uninstalling the agent.
- To shut down any running agents, stop IIS.
- Select Start > All Programs > New Relic .NET Agent > Uninstall the .NET agent.
- Follow the prompts to complete uninstallation.
- Restart IIS.
Delete New Relic folders and files
Be sure to check other paths to remove any other New Relic files. For example, uninstalling the .NET agent does not delete your newrelic.config file.
- From Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features, right-click and delete any files named
New Relic .NET Agent.
- Delete the entire folder at C:\ProgramData\New Relic.NET Agent.
- Delete the entire folder at C:\ProgramFiles\New Relic.NET Agent.
- Delete the entire folder at C:\ProgramFiles(x86)\New Relic.NET Agent.
- Remove your app from the New Relic APM UI.
For more help
Additional documentation resources include: