- Enable an APM-monitored app.
- Enable with the copy/paste method.
- Enable by using the REST API.
You can also manually instrument your webpages by using the Java agent API, as explained in this document.
If your framework does not allow you to enable browser monitoring from our UI, with the copy/paste method, or by using our REST API, you can manually instrument monitoring for your webpages. To do this, use our Java agent API.
Make sure you are using the latest Java agent version.
Access the Java agent API class by adding
newrelic-api.jarto your application class path.
Add the appropriate method to start time tracking, for example:
Add the appropriate method to stop time tracking, for example:
Find the appropriate methods based on the framework you are using:
Check the log file to verify that the agent is instrumenting correctly. Set the
log_level: finerand check for the following messages:
If you need more help, check out these support and learning resources:
- Browse the Explorers Hub to get help from the community and join in discussions.
- Find answers on our sites and learn how to use our support portal.
- Run New Relic Diagnostics, our troubleshooting tool for Linux, Windows, and macOS.
- Review New Relic's data security and licenses documentation.