If you are an Amazon AWS Elastic Beanstalk user, the Java agent requires additional configuration.
Before completing the configuration, you must first:
- Create a supported Amazon Web Services account.
- Create a New Relic account.
- Download and install the Java agent.
To complete Java agent installation on AWS Elastic Beanstalk:
- In your WAR file, add the
- Repackage and deploy your new WAR file as a new application or an update to a previous application.
- Locate and connect to the underlaying EC2 instance. Once connected, find the path to
newrelic.jarfile using this command - ensure you search one directory at a time. Use either
sudo find </var | /usr> -name "newrelic.jar"
Pass -javaagent flag to JVM
To pass the
-javaagent flag to JVM in AWS Elastic Beanstalk
- In the AWS console, open the Elastic Beanstalk.
- Select the relevant region.
- Select your application.
- In the left pane, select Configurations.
- Open Software Configuration.
In the JVM command line options: field, enter:
- Select Apply to save.
Your Elastic Beanstalk will then update your environment.