You encounter problems sending data to New Relic with an application instrumented with the C SDK, but you are not sure what the cause is.
The New Relic C SDK and its daemon have their own logs:
- C SDK logs: These logs are generated due to errors in how you've instrumented your code using the New Relic C SDK API calls.
- Daemon logs: These are logs related to transmission of data to New Relic.
To help troubleshoot an issue, we recommend generating logs at their highest level:
- Set the C SDK log to
verboselevel and the daemon log to
- Run both logs for 5-10 minutes.
- After generating logs for troubleshooting, return logging for both the C SDK and daemon to their default levels.
Elevated logging levels can create large log files and have a performance impact. Generate logs at this level only as long as necessary for troubleshooting.
If you need more help, check out these support and learning resources:
- Browse the Explorers Hub to get help from the community and join in discussions.
- Find answers on our sites and learn how to use our support portal.
- Run New Relic Diagnostics, our troubleshooting tool for Linux, Windows, and macOS.
- Review New Relic's data security and licenses documentation.