December 17, 2013
Android agent v3.239.0
Call checkcast before invoking NR instrumentation.
This fixes an issue where the Dalvik VM refuses to load a class with our instrumentation in cases where the inbound object is not the expected type as determined by static code analysis.
Don't attempt to instrument constructors in subclasses of classes we normally instrument.
While we support instrumenting constructors by replacing the call to , we don't support doing this in subclasses. For now, we ignore these cases but may return to adding inline instrumentation to constructors in the future.
Java 7u60 (pre-release) refactored the class in which we were storing our invocation dispatcher.
We've future proofed the agent by storing the dispatcher in another core class.
December 1, 2013
Android agent v3.214.0
November 21, 2013
Android agent v2.444.0
September 25, 2013
Android agent v2.433.0
September 11, 2013
Android agent v2.426.1
June 27, 2013
Android agent v2.426.0
- The agent now detects if the app was instrumented properly and displays an error message if otherwise.
- The Eclipse plugin now refreshes your project after installing/updating New Relic.
- Improved post installation messaging in Eclipse.
- Fixes an issue in Eclipse on Windows where Eclipse is installed in a location with a space in the path.
- Repackaged the agent with JarJar to prevent class space collisions.
- Fixes an issue where a re-used HttpRequest object would have multiple X-NewRelic-ID headers added.
June 7, 2013
Android agent v2.397.0
May 31, 2013
Android agent v2.365
New Install Process
- Eclipse plugin support
- Maven Sonatype repository
- Simplified Ant installation
- Install via Eclipse plugin or Eclipse Marketplace
- Debug in Eclipse with New Relic
- Reference New Relic in pom.xml
Updated Agent API
- Control when New Relic starts
- Be sure to read our upgrade notes
May 8, 2013
Android agent v1.363
March 29, 2013
Android agent v1.347
- Improved setup and configuration support, especially on Windows
- Fixes an issue where HttpURLConnection responses could raise an unhandled exception
- Fixes an issue where reported response time is much shorter than actual response time under certain conditions
- Fixes an issue where certain HTTP requests could raise an unhandled exception