Some New Relic solutions require installation of an agent. The agent root directory is the main folder that holds the files for the agent. Typically, the agent root directory is the directory where the agent install process places the agent configuration file.
You may need to find the agent root directory for several reasons:
- To customize your configuration file.
- To run New Relic Diagnostics.
- To install, update, or uninstall the agent.
- To troubleshoot if no data appears in the New Relic UI.
These strategies for finding the root directory are applicable if you followed the default install procedure. If you installed to a different directory, this information might not apply.
The agent root directory depends on the agent you're using:
The mobile agent root directory is the root directory of your app.
The location of the infrastructure agent root directory depends on your system:
For learning about directories for other tools not listed here, see the documentation for a specific solution .
If you need more help, check out these support and learning resources:
- Browse the Explorers Hub to get help from the community and join in discussions.
- Find answers on our sites and learn how to use our support portal.
- Run New Relic Diagnostics, our troubleshooting tool for Linux, Windows, and macOS.
- Review New Relic's data security and licenses documentation.