You can use browser monitoring in New Relic to add custom events and attributes.
Use the browser API's
addPageAction call to capture events, actions, route changes, or any end-user interactions with your application. The
addPageAction call adds an event named
PageAction that contains the action name and any custom attribute names and values you capture along with it. The
PageAction event also contains any custom attributes you added to the
Add custom attributes to the
PageView event so you can query or filter your data to answer more questions about your application.
In order to report
PageAction events, verify these prerequisites:
Your browser monitoring agent version must be 593 or higher.
Client browser version
Max events per cycle
Event/attribute naming, data type, size
Ensure you follow general requirements around event/attribute naming syntax, data types, and size.
To create a
- Ensure the browser agent is installed for your app.
- Call the
- Wait a couple minutes for the application to run and report relevant
- Run a NRQL query of the
PageActionevent that includes the
actionNameattribute you used to capture the event (and any associated attributes you sent along with the action).
PageView event is a default browser-reported event. You can add custom attributes to the
PageView event. Any custom attributes you add to the
PageView event are also automatically added to the
There are two ways to add custom attributes to the
To see the default attributes of
PageView, see Browser events.
Here are some troubleshooting tips:
Custom attributes missing
If your custom attributes do not appear on
If your account is compatible, check that you are not using reserved attribute names or invalid values.
If you need more help, check out these support and learning resources:
- Browse the Explorers Hub to get help from the community and join in discussions.
- Find answers on our sites and learn how to use our support portal.
- Run New Relic Diagnostics, our troubleshooting tool for Linux, Windows, and macOS.
- Review New Relic's data security and licenses documentation.