Device emulation is an optional setting available for simple and scripted browser monitors. This setting simulates the viewport and capabilities of a mobile or tablet device using the emulation capabilities of Chrome DevTools.
Device emulation allows you to test a browser-based application using a simulated generic mobile or tablet device. Keep in mind:
- This setting does not change the network, user agent, or device type being used to execute your synthetic monitor.
- Device emulation does not allow you to install and test mobile applications.
- Chrome 100+ runtimes only
- Private locations must use job manager version 225 or higher and synthetics-node-browser-runtime version 1.1.98 or higher
When adding or editing monitors, do the following:
Select Device emulation.
Select the Device type and Orientation based on the table below:
- Resolution (portrait): 400x800
- Resolution (landscape): 800x400
- Pixel ratio: 3
- Resolution (portrait): 768x1024
- Resolution (landscape): 1024x768
- Pixel ratio: 2